Leaf Spring Orthosis
Product Number: 50LS-AFO
The RCAI Leaf Spring Orthosis is set in 8° dorsiflexion to provide spring assist during ambulation.
- Promotes functional alignment for flaccid extremities
- Provides rigidity in resisting mild extensor spasticity
- The 50LS provides mediolateral support for ankle instability
- Can be trimmed and heat treated for customization
- Fits most shoes
- Specify right or left when ordering
Share this Product
Good back up
It’s pretty flimsy and not well fitted. It works as a back up to my daily and will use for some water sports.
Restorative Care of America, Inc.
HI Daniel, Thank you for your feedback. The Leaf Spring Orthosis is meant to do two things, essentially. It is meant to allow for dorsiflexion, which is upward flexion of the ankle. However, it is primarily meant to prevent foot drop (plantar flexion). In other words, you should be able to squat enough to tie your shoes, but you should not be able to stand on your tippytoes while wearing this device. We do not know what your specific medical condition is, but it sounds like you might benefit from using a product that limits range of motion entirely.